Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I am Creative.

It challenges me to think freely, to be creative. It sounds so backwards but it's true, it's easy for me to do normal, it takes a lot of work for me to be creative. I have to be really disciplined with my time and mind to think "outside of the box".  The world tries to offers me everything I'll ever need, why would I need to create anything new? There are pinterest boards on how to dress or eat or who to be. Instagram tells me what to think and feel, TV tells me what is cool and trendy. Why would I ever need to create anything for myself, be outside of the box?

If I don't take the time to be creative, use what God gave me, I start following the world and to be honest that bores me. I'm not made of this world so following it won't be enough, it's not creative enough, or good enough for my mind, a mind like Christ. I need to dig in deep and create something, anything that God says is good and go with it. I need to let my mind run wild until I stumble upon something that makes my heart beat faster and I can put out into the world.

God is the God that created the sound of thunder and the beauty of rainbows, he made every edge of the mountain tops and he even made yummy pumpkin spice lattes! (ha well He gave someone the creative idea to make them ha) Point is that He is super creative, think about it, how fun and creative He must be to make a narwhal, the cutest- weirdest animal I know of?

So I don't ever want to stop being creative, seeking more adventure in life and searching for outrageous new ideas. God is infinite so I can't ever learn it all or see it all or think it all, so why stop looking for new adventure and creativity? Why should we ever stop growing or learning or looking for something amazing, there is always going to be more of God so why not ask to see more of His creative mind?

So I'm doing this 100 day challenge with my home dog Carrie V:

http://hillsong.com/collected/blog/2015/11/the-100-day-creative-challenge/#.VkNhQa6rTq0

We're going to spend the next 100 days, writing, drawing singing whatever it takes to dig in and pull out something new and creative back into the world! 

About 5 years ago my friend and I did this project, where we decided to push ourselves past fear. We decided to let our creative side fly, let our passion take over and tell fear to go bye bye. We ended up creating this film, "31 Days" (you should watch if you have 45 min to spare), that just was raw and real and sparked us to push ourselves to be creative. There is a higher quality on DVD but the vimeo version will do. This video still sparks my heart.

https://vimeo.com/19056037

I'm not the same person I was back then, my voice doesn't sound the same, my life doesn't look the same, fear doesn't control my life anymore. Even though I'm not the same I can still grow. There is always something new to find, something fresh and creative to come out and make the world more beautiful. I don't know what will happen at the end of this 100 days, but I'm EXCITED!!

Thanks for being along for the ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment