Saturday, November 14, 2009

i won't skip thanksgiving this year.

i love this time of year.
i love the anticipation of Christmas.
25 days of Christmas is about to start.
almost a month till we get to watch "a Christmas story"
12 times in a row.

im one of those people
that starts listening to Christmas music in july.
and i was talking to a friend
and he said "but what about thanksgiving, don't miss thanksgiving!"
he's right.
im a thanksgiving skipper.
i love it, don't get me wrong.
but 6 months out of my year is Christmas themed. it's true.

so this year i will embrace thanksgiving
i will put my favorite turkey sweater on.
i'm sure there is a thanksgiving movie i can watch
i will have to write a thanksgiving song.
something about the pilgrams and their sweet outfits.
everything sweet potato.
err wait..that already happens.
but thanksgiving here i come.

most of all i will be thankful.
i will be thankful for every blessing i've been given.
yesterday was a tough day.
and as im riding in the the aaa truck with kevin my aaa man.
and on the verge of tears.
i start telling him about all my blessings.
haha it was all i could do from crying
in a tow truck.
with a 7' tall man.
all i could do was tell him my blessings.

i know it's cheesy
but it's my blog and i can do what i want.
i'm thankful.
almost everyday i don't know how it happened
i did nothing to deserve them
but God has blessed me.
my family. they rock. they've taught me what it is to love.
thick and thin. they never quit.
i have friends that seriously i would do anything for.
and Lord knows have picked me up when i wanted to quit.
laughter.
i get to laugh a lot and that is a true gift.
and hope.
some call me crazy, most call me crazy actually.
but this hope, this never ending "anything can happen, i can do anything" hope.
i have hope.

i have more blessings than you have time to read.
but it's important to stop and say thanks.
even if you skip thanksgiving
because you think you're an elf.


happy thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment