Tuesday, April 27, 2010

guess who won this one?

in the battle of nyc vs. lindsay.
well....you pick the winner of this situation.

midnight.
carrie and myself getting in a cab on our way to stay with ELF.
hail the cab.
carrie goes "you go ahead and go first"
OK! i jump in gladly.
throw all 2093820 of my bags in the car.
sliiiidddeeeeeee across the seat.
because that's what you do.
you enter from curb side and sliiiiiddeeee over.

i say "yum..smells like fresh bread!"
i immedately think of the wonderbread factory
that was on my college campus and the smell of the mornings at school.

carrie ignores me.
i say "oh man...I stuck my hand in water, it's wet!"
yep.
then...immediately something starts soaking through my jeans.
yep.

"what the heck, i sat in a whole puddle?!"
mind you it's pitch black.

i turn backwards in the cab to stare at the seat.
can't see anything.
all the sudden, the street light hits the seat.
water?
no.
worse.
vomit.
old. pink. vomit.

i of course start screaming and laughing so hard i can't breathe.
carrie saw it at that moment too.
she started laughing.
i'm SCREAMING OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH.
every light we pass shows me once again.
yep.
vomit.
someone elses vomit.

so i'm like PULL OVER WE'RE GETTING OUT.
carrie. being the amazing friend she is
"but linds, we'll never get another cab at this hour, it's just 5 min!"
5 MIN IN SOMEONE ELSES VOMIT?
haha so i'm laughing soooo hard.
because we're sooo exhausted.
two weeks of not sleeping.
and this.

she has now rolled the window down and is not looking at me.
as i sit backwards in the cab crying laughing.
so 5 MINUTES later we get out.
we tell the cab driver.
as if he didn't hear me screaming.
he didn't care.
awesome.
he was probably happy i wiped most of it up.

step out of the car.
all.over.my. pants.
all.over.my.white.coat.
3.bags. covered.

carrie runs ahead and can't look at me.
i am in tears from laughing so hard.
'carrrieeeee wait..helppppp"

haha nothing.
from my dear friend.
ELF cleaned me up when we got upstairs.
Carrie continued to laugh.

haha only me.
as we tried to sleep.
we laid giggling.
at the thought of the pink vomit.
i think it was a blessing.
because we both needed a good laugh.
gross.
but a blessing.

NYC won yet again.
come on lindsay.
pull it together.
you're better than puke pants.

1 comment:

  1. I want to say...."finally. someone knows how it feels!!!" But its a little different in a cab than it is in the hospital...where you have a chart to tell you all the communicable diseases that the vomiter has. Oh Linds, thats absolutely horrible. Only you could laugh about it when the rest of us would cry:] Take that NYC!

    ReplyDelete