Thursday, September 1, 2016

It's a narrow path, but it's well lit.

I got up early this morning and went for a sunrise jog at my favorite park. I needed to run, I needed to hear from God, I needed to be alone and just lt Him show up.

And He did.

I was running on the trail and ran by this little side path, a path I’ve never really looked at. I run these trails every week and I’ve never noticed it.



But today I noticed it, the sun was shining right through it, it was like it was being highlighted this morning.

Right then and there I got my answer.

The path is narrow, but it’s well lit.

We all know the verse about the path being narrow, but to actually walk it out is a totally different feeling. It feels great reading the Bible, feels great saying the verse and studying in a small group and saying “yes let’s take the narrow!”

But when it comes down to your actual life, the narrow can sometimes look like a difficult choice. It looks like persecution, it looks like people whom you love not understanding what you’re doing. It looks like some people not only telling you you’re making a mistake, but then them not coming with you as you walk down the path.

For someone who loves people and wants everyone to come with her, it actually feels a bit painful when someone persecutes you because they don’t get what you’re doing. It actually feels a whole lot of painful when someone doesn’t want to come with you.

However, this is what the Lord says to do, for Him, and for those people, those loved ones. To keep going, keep following Him, even if for the time being it looks like you’re going down a narrow path and some of the ones you love aren’t coming with you. Go anyways. Because its all for them anyways, God wants none to stay behind, none to be with out Him. But sometimes that means I go first, I go alone, I go with less support than I wanted.


But I’m supposed to go, the narrow path isn’t a glamorous path we make it out to be in our minds. It’s a humble path, but it’s well lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment